Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Special Forces

:

USA

Old September 2nd, 2007, 23:21   #16
Graham

Send a message via MSN to Graham
true, I have seen many photos where guys are wearing their pistol mags on their belts.

I might ditch one of my m4 pouches, as I never carry 10 mags anyways... and move my pistol pouch down there, easier to reach anyways
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:16   #17
Cassius

Cool stuff mate. I love when gear and gun is inspired by something and not fully replicated.

Special Forces do what works for them, they don't copy each other so your inspiration is the perfect one. If this kit works for you, you've got the perfect SF kit.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:18   #18
Vince

They don't copy but it's hella similar!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:57   #19
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Cool stuff mate. I love when gear and gun is inspired by something and not fully replicated.

Special Forces do what works for them, they don't copy each other so your inspiration is the perfect one. If this kit works for you, you've got the perfect SF kit.
No offence, but that is the cliched excuse I hear from alot of semi knowledgeble people and non geardos on gear.

From the thousands of SF and SOF pictures I have seen there is most of the time a very strong underlining consistency in the way certain things are done.

SOF is limited in
1. What kit they are issued
2. What is practical...there is less variation than one would like to imagine.
3. Personalization

Those who use the above excuse usualy follow none or very little of one of these underlining concepts, hence, why their kit falls very short of looking much like SF.

I can understand Graham is just roughly winging it, which is fine, its the way he wants to do things, and I can respect that.

However for anyone to claim that it is somehow following what true SF is, is well, just not true.

Last edited by Yuxi; September 3rd, 2007 at 13:13..
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 14:05   #20
Vince

The "whatever works" was mostly in the 80's where you could see almost anything
Old September 3rd, 2007, 14:45   #21
Vince

Yuxi, you might actually like this

http://www.specwarfare.it/public/php...php?t=4516????
Old September 3rd, 2007, 15:12   #22
Cassius

Yuxi, I was not mentionning that whatever he does will make him look like a SF op. You've misread me.

Most SF ops use similar kits because they simply work well and when one SF op finds a new way to wear his kit, his buddies might like the idea and adopt that new kit.

In the end, I love kits that have creativity put in them. I am not a gear whore and I do not like to replicate an existing kit. I'm a Designer by trade so in other words I create my own worlds including gear.

The team I'm building is based off on Private Contractors but I will not be wearing tan pants with a tshirt simply because I prefer to put creativity into my own kit and do not necessarily want to replicate the existing ones.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 17:03   #23
H-G

Cassius, do you live in some fantasy world where creativity and historicaly acurate impressions go hand in hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 17:22   #24
Graham

Send a message via MSN to Graham
I don't see why people are getting so uppidy here...

if you read my original post I said my kit isn't a 100% accurate impression....

I appreciate the input you guys are giving me, and accept constructive criticism. if you don't like my kit, and dont have anything constructive to say (read; H-G) don't post
Old September 3rd, 2007, 17:57   #25
H-G

Did my post have anything to do with you Graham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 18:31   #26
Yuxi
Retired

Oh boy, this thread could use some de-escalation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I don't see why people are getting so uppidy here...

…if you don't like my kit, and dont have anything constructive to say (read; H-G) don't post
1. None of us are actually criticizing you Graham (Including H-G), it is rather actually Cassius’ post we are responding to. H-G is a bit of a grump, worse than me at times.

I should make myself clear, I thought you put in a great effort, this is an improvement from your first picture, and I have no doubt your stuff will just get better with time. Keep up the good work dude!

The work is never done for any of us who are interested in gear. Frankly H-G shits on what gear I choose even now, and I the same to him now and then, sometimes it is preferences, sometimes he is just frankly right about what is more accurate. However, I do think none of us are directly trying to put you down with our posts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Yuxi, I was not mentionning that whatever he does will make him look like a SF op. You've misread me.

Most SF ops use similar kits because they simply work well and when one SF op finds a new way to wear his kit, his buddies might like the idea and adopt that new kit.

In the end, I love kits that have creativity put in them. I am not a gear whore and I do not like to replicate an existing kit. I'm a Designer by trade so in other words I create my own worlds including gear.

The team I'm building is based off on Private Contractors but I will not be wearing tan pants with a tshirt simply because I prefer to put creativity into my own kit and do not necessarily want to replicate the existing ones.
Yes, I do think I might have misread you then, I do apologize for it.

In terms of gear, yes, there is room for creativity certainly. However, there are certain constraints many of us adhere to.

The more puritan geardos will not do anything they have not seen a real SOF trooper do. I am less strict, I am free to things like gear art, like helmet paintings etc. In essence, I give the ‘imagination’ some leeway, in that if I think a SF trooper might use such a kit, I would wear it and allow my team mates to do so, however things just must be kept in moderation, and the ultimate one who decides requires good sense and enough experience in gear to know what is simply realistic and what is not.

3. Pvt. Vince
Thanks dude! That’s wicked, I had only a few pics from that set, but not even at that great a resolution, definitely wicked to see the rest.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 18:48   #27
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i found grahn lol, second from the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 19:19   #28
lupo

Wow , its a little eerie seeing some of those seal pics. Most of the guys in the pics were KIA in afghanistan. They are referred to in the book Lone Survivor.
RIP.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 19:23   #29
Cassius

Graham; sorry mate.

Yuxi; word.

H-G; Yes, I do. I make video games
Old September 3rd, 2007, 19:26   #30
MadMorbius
LOL Yuxi man what happened?

Every member of an ODA has a specific role and tasks specific to that role. That's why you see variation in equipment, although there are always elements of uniformity. An 18E will be carrying all kinds of commo shit while an 18D is loaded with VOK's and other pharmakit.

Regardless, they all train on the same range. They learn from the same instructors. They shoot thousands and thousands of rounds in a manner that was ingrained into them, and therefore they wear shit in particular places because muscle memory and training dictates it be that way.

If you're going to do an SF impression, and call it an SF impression, then do it right. Otherwise, it's not an SF impression at all.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA