Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P WOC reliability?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 4th, 2012, 19:27   #1
Padkiller

G&P WOC reliability?

Hi!

I am curently looking at the G&P WOC VPR (M16 sniper)

And I had a few questions;

As a WE fan, I've never chosen another GBBR brand (appart from VFC's mp5)
So I wanted your thoughs, is this system reliable, what kind of aftermarket parts are available, most common problems and do you recommend the WOC system?

Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2012, 19:29   #2
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Externally they are the absolute cream of the crop, internally good luck in getting one to keep working.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 19:37   #3
Padkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
Externally they are the absolute cream of the crop, internally good luck in getting one to keep working.
Alright, what I thought! Thanks
Old January 4th, 2012, 19:40   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

The main two reasons WE's have taken over the markets are:

1. They work
2. They are affordable.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 19:42   #5
Padkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
The main two reasons WE's have taken over the markets are:

1. They work
2. They are affordable.
Well, I guess that's simple!
Old January 4th, 2012, 20:12   #6
kullwarrior

From my own experience...
If you like to keep replacing parts, they're not bad. Hop-up aint bad, but no where near VSR type -ie WE Open Chamber

Bolt Carrier will be the first to go, then the nozzle, then the inner moving parts

Get WE, or wait and see how good is the VFC HK416 gen 2 (just recently released, gen 1 was only found in Europe and it was plaque with reliablilty problem much like its M4)
Old January 4th, 2012, 20:16   #7
Padkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
From my own experience...
If you like to keep replacing parts, they're not bad. Hop-up aint bad, but no where near VSR type -ie WE Open Chamber

Bolt Carrier will be the first to go, then the nozzle, then the inner moving parts

Get WE, or wait and see how good is the VFC HK416 gen 2 (just recently released, gen 1 was only found in Europe and it was plaque with reliablilty problem much like its M4)
I actually am about to buy the 416!!! You say I should wait?
Old January 4th, 2012, 20:47   #8
fumoffu

Here is the new Ra tech VFC 416. Look like they fixed some parts and added steel internal. It is on sale now but going to wait to see some reviews on it.

If it look good, I will order one or 2 or 3.....

RA TECH VFC HK416 DEBUT & RECOIL TEST - YouTube
fumoffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 20:53   #9
Padkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffu View Post
Here is the new Ra tech VFC 416. Look like they fixed some parts and added steel internal. It is on sale now but going to wait to see some reviews on it.

If it look good, I will order one or 2 or 3.....

RA TECH VFC HK416 DEBUT & RECOIL TEST - YouTube
I thought this vid was to show the original HK416 from VFC!
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:11   #10
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Love my G&P WOC.
Never EVER had any issues with reliability for this gun. Ive been using it for 2 years now, summer, winter (indoors), etc.

Only problem I have.
I cant fucking get a single mag to keep a gas charge after 1-2 games.
Ive owned, G&P, Pro-wins, WA Supers, etc etc.

They all end up leaking again within 1-2 games.

I love my G&P, IMO Far Superior to WE.
Only reason im even considering getting a WE, is cause the mags are soo damn cheap, and easy to do the liquidgasket/seal mod.

Prowins are a BITCH to dissassemble/reassemble and good luck getting parts like gaskets and the right shape orings for it.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 13:00   #11
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

+1 to DA's comment, however I never have any leaking mag issue on all my prowin mags, I guess I am just purely good luck or DA was just purely bad luck, lol. the internal of g&p/WA system is reliable and durable as long as you upgrade them into full steel kit, my custom build WA GBBR was built in 2010 summer and last time I game it was in Wildwater park Nov, 2011; so far no issue.

as for accuraccy, as long as you use the PRIME hop-up chamber (which use aeg hop up rubber and inner barrel) you will get the best result you could expect from an GBBR.

Aftermarket parts are a big + for WA/G&P system, you can find them much easier than finding WE parts.

I have a custom built WA GBBR and a WE OB GBBR, the only reason I found that I would game with my WE is they are affordable, it won't take a lot of money to repair if someting break down,instead, you might need spend a bit more time on finding the parts. for durability's point, I found they are at least even, maybe the WA system is slightly more durable.
Old January 8th, 2012, 13:51   #12
RacingManiac

WA system just really sucks for mags, I need to get more mags, Prowin V2 seems to be the "it" mags now. They(WA GBBR mags) are all costly and all the ones I've had all leaks at one point or another, and they are all a bitch to maintain, the gun also performs differently based on mags. Some shoots and blows back harder than others, some just don't fit the magwell based on what receiver you use......Nicer guns for the system though IMO are scratch build guns, WOC are pretty good as they come with their upgraded internal already. Aside from the non-"real-spec" receiver they can be decent guns...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 17:08   #13
kullwarrior

I remember WA system as money pit, dish out over $3k in the system and it just keep going up.

The mag is definite a problem. They give you 40 & 50 rounder even though it can not mag dump.
WA mags and its copies are the cheapest one but easist to break because the front 1/4 are made of cheap plastic
GHK mag are probably still the most reliable, but if you use WA spec receiver its a very tight fit (Prime and Ino are best)
Pro-Win mag is more expensive than GHK but it has 50 round capacity as well as larger resovoir (it is also easily fit on WA spec receiver)

I just think in terms of bang for your buck WE will be the choice.
Stock one can last about 15k before tigger mech needs replacement (they're $30 for a whole box)
~$600 shipped for the rifle
mags are $30-$40 a pop

G&P (steel internal except bolt carrier), KA (pot metal) are much more expensive
KA goes for ~$650
mags are much more expensive at $45-$65 (excluding crappy china clone and original WA)

VFC gen 2 (imho the real competitor to WE)
price are about $700-$900
mags are $40-50

quality for 2nd gen iis unknown at this point (I'm talking hk416)
Old January 8th, 2012, 17:42   #14
m102404
Tys

You can build a beautifulicious WOC/G&P/WA-system rifle. Get every part exactly as you want it. As said...mags are both pricey and a bitch. Extra sour bitch when a $90+ mag leaks... They will and do work well. The "action" tends to be better vs. the WE. But you have to be conscious of failures...having/getting/making use of spare parts, etc...

The WE stock parts are cheap...the upgraded parts (debatable how needed many of them are) are not too much more. Limited body options...but regarding stocks/grips/front ends you can easily get whatever you want. Won't be a drooling pretty as a G&P gun...but they can take a beating. 30 round mags have a design fault...fixable though. Note...the 20rnd mags seem pretty bomb proof. Again...you need to be conscious of failures, replacements parts and maintenance.

I can build/buy/get any rifle I want...I went WE. Leaky expensive mags and $$$ parts sucked the fun out the WOC/G&P system for me.

Last edited by m102404; January 8th, 2012 at 18:18..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 17:54   #15
Ballcancer

Hey Tys, as I agree with you that there are limited aftermarket parts made for airsoft for the WE, we need to remember that WE's are made to real spec, so RS parts should (and usually do) fit, that includes, RAS's, sights, grips, stocks, flashiders, buffer tubes, etc, etc.

So accessories are really only limited to your wallet size if you go the WE route

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion