Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Force Recon & MARSOC Thread

:

USA

Old September 7th, 2010, 22:10   #61
Conker

Sure all comments are appreciated, especially constructive like this!

Good to know for the ILBE, I didn't know that.
It would be that one? (link)

You mean no PEQ-15 are used for greenside ops? Will do.
It's mainly for personal preference as it has a much better FOV and eye relief than any replica TA31 I've seen. And it looks good. And the M4 is supposed to be Block1/2 transition (at least as long as a repro DD M4A1 RIS II isn't available) so it fits that timeline.

Comments noted for the pouch layout. I am a righty.
You're definitely right that the frags are weird, but I decided to separate the mags after it happened a few times that the way I was lying on the ground, I wasn't able to reach them while trying to keep a low profile. So I'm experimenting with some more to the front and others to the side. The frags happened to be put in the free last space I had, but when I'll get my shingles I'll probably do something similar to yours.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:51   #62
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Comments noted for the pouch layout. I am a righty.
You're definitely right that the frags are weird, but I decided to separate the mags after it happened a few times that the way I was lying on the ground, I wasn't able to reach them while trying to keep a low profile. So I'm experimenting with some more to the front and others to the side. The frags happened to be put in the free last space I had, but when I'll get my shingles I'll probably do something similar to yours.
Experimenting is all good you know. There's no single way to do things and I must say I've seen some pretty wacky setups in some pics...

As for the pack you could also go for EI/LBT 3 day. There's not too many pics showing MFR with packs since they're mostly used in DA or motorized recce role
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:09   #63
Conker

Yeah true... Actually I don't even have any post-2006 (MARSOC) greenside, only pre-2006 FR era in my refpics folder.

So I tried on that setup yesterday, and indeed that lonely mag pouch is way too far, I have to get them out with my weapon hand. I'll probably swap it with the MBITR or consolidate them as you said, and just having a mag or two in the MCUU pants pockets in case those on the RRV are out of reach.

Thanks for the pack, it's on my tobuy list.

Last edited by Conker; September 9th, 2010 at 13:00..
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:42   #64
Vince

Haven't seen an RRV in a while either... That's why I stick with the pre-2006 kit.

Nowadays SLFCS had taken over FSBE and the MAR-CIRAS seems to be the flavour of the week
Old September 9th, 2010, 18:29   #65
bakercompany

Quote:
Good to know for the ILBE, I didn't know that.
It would be that one? (link)
Actually, Recon Marines do use the ILBE, but Vince is right in that you're rocking the grunt version there. What you need is a Recon ILBE. They're badass and dropping in price on eBay. I bet if you keep your eye out you could score the assault pack for $200 or less.

Pics (scroll down):
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...LBE-Recon-Pack

All in all nice setup...my recon/greenside kit has stalled while I try to get my AEG up and running...damn thing was broken right out of the box and my gearbox rebuild seems to have been only a temporary fix.
bakercompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 22:07   #66
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakercompany View Post
Actually, Recon Marines do use the ILBE, but Vince is right in that you're rocking the grunt version there. What you need is a Recon ILBE. They're badass and dropping in price on eBay. I bet if you keep your eye out you could score the assault pack for $200 or less.

Pics (scroll down):
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...LBE-Recon-Pack

All in all nice setup...my recon/greenside kit has stalled while I try to get my AEG up and running...damn thing was broken right out of the box and my gearbox rebuild seems to have been only a temporary fix.
Awwwwwwwwwww shoot... Forgot about that.

The "rifleman" version of that pack is soooooooooo rare... You'll mostly stumble upon Recon Corpsman pack.
Old September 9th, 2010, 22:13   #67
Conker

Yeah true... but considering the only difference between the Recon and the Corpsman version is an added medical divider (and the tag), if I find a Corpsman pack at a nice price it'll do the job very well.

But that's right, thanks bakercompany of reminding me that!
Old September 9th, 2010, 22:28   #68
Vince

Quote:
Yeah true... but considering the only difference between the Recon and the Corpsman version is an added medical divider (and the tag), if I find a Corpsman pack at a nice price it'll do the job very well.

But that's right, thanks bakercompany of reminding me that!
Corpsman pack do pop-up more and more these days

I personnaly bought a BHI (yeah I know...) CB 3 day pack since I had a smoking deal on a brand new one (70$ is still very cheap for such pack)
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:27   #69
JohnGol10

Talking about Corpsman packs, a guy around my area is selling one fully loaded with med. gear for $100.

http://providence.craigslist.org/hab/1940373967.html
Old September 12th, 2010, 22:25   #70
Vince

From yesterday's game

Old September 13th, 2010, 20:06   #71
Brakoo

I'll save you the trouble :

The CVC helmet might look out of place but it was the easiest way for me to mount the GoPro and the cam is the reason why it's tilting forward a lot.

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:19   #72
Conker

The CIRAS & MICH I'm building for my MARSOC inspiration (I say inspiration as I know there's stuff to improve before I can call this an impression).

Any constructive criticism is welcome to make it more realistic.

For those wondering, the 3 duck tape stripes on the top are simply to always have some on hand quickly, especially in CQB environnement, as it can be used of looots of things. It's always handy. (Refpic based)

I forgot to take a pic of the back of the CIRAS, but it's quite simple: a Source WXP Tactical hydration pack is attached, as well as VIP strobe. I am aware that the Source is mostly a grunt thing, however I do have refpics (2009 IIRC) of these been used by MARSOC operators. Same for the strobe, not very common but still seen from time to time. The Source will be replaced by a MAP as soon as I have some spare money to order it.

Note I have a 2nd CAT on the way. I'll put it probably on the left should pad.

Pouches are a mix of FSBEII (frag pouches), EI civilian (double M4 mag pouches), Flyye (medic pouch), Source (hydration pack) and Pantac for most of the rest.

For the RRV previously posted, I'm replacing everything with Pantac so it will be a whole new setup anyway.

EDIT: Don't bother for the watermark, I forgot to uncheck it when I processed it in Lightroom.

Last edited by Conker; September 21st, 2010 at 10:49..
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:11   #73
Vince

Not bad at all but removed those cateyes from your lid.

If you need any form of IFF slap some velcro on thereand attach either some GID or IRR

Also just personnal preferences here but I'd run that shingle on the flap of the CRAS with the frags, move the MBITR on your strong side wiith the double double behind it. You wil still be able to reach for your mag with ease and you'll have 3 up front for much quicker reloads. I'd also mount the frags in a vertical fashion rather than side by side so save up some space and bring the medic pouch forward a wee bit.

But as said it's only me and to be honest it looks great as is
Old September 22nd, 2010, 05:31   #74
JohnGol10

Was this your ref. pic?
Old September 23rd, 2010, 20:52   #75
JohnGol10

I dunno. I guess I'd prefer a Comp M4 over a 553 or Specter. Where I play airsoft, that is.

Here are the other pics:

Last edited by JohnGol10; September 23rd, 2010 at 20:56..
JohnGol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA