Selling Airsoft Guns Now Illegal on Facebook

:

General

Old February 25th, 2016, 09:03   #31
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
umm you have not checked the lists in a long long long time have you..... just saying that was done months ago and the whole system revamped........ just saying.......
Now it's just to get more AV'ers in remote places so the crybabies don't have to drive "12 hours" to get AV'd lol
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:26   #32
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Now it's just to get more AV'ers in remote places so the crybabies don't have to drive "12 hours" to get AV'd lol
First response to those is to encourage them to reach out for options, not tell them "well you have to, so either do or F off"
Tell them its a two way street, put forth the genuine effort to either get AV'd with the means available, or if you are remote and your last av'er is retired, ASC will do their best to help you.

Telling people who bring up those factors to either drive or F off is only contributing to the problem. Time to put forth more positive answers and display the truth, ASC will help if you are willing to help yourself and there are more options than get in your car and you better get lots of timmies...
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:35   #33
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

^ agreed, it's the only way the sport will continue to grow, I just like being a prick to people on the internet!
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:07   #34
frostybiggens

No wonder I couldn't get accepted on to Toronto Airsoft Classifieds on FB, so stupid
frostybiggens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 12:38   #35
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
^ agreed, it's the only way the sport will continue to grow, I just like being a prick to people on the internet!
Yes, initial impression is good, but saying "no" to someone isn't unreasonable. Currently we are looking to place more AV Reps in more communities, especially up north, so if you guys are willing to move to northern BC I'll try and set you up. lol

Usually there isn't a whole lot we can do in certain circumstances. There was some guy in the Baffin Islands one time (I believe in a fly-in community) who wanted to be AV'd, but he had also lost his license to DUI or something, but was demanding an AV Rep travel up there (car, train, plane) and verify him as it would be difficult to head south. Sorry, but unless a rep happens to be traveling through a specific community, you've gotta come to them. I always reccomend that they get all their buddies signed up and do a road trip together to save on gas, etc. They can also hit up all the shops and crap in the larger centers while they are down there. Not ideal, but until there's someone closer, options are only really one. No way to sugar coat that.
Old February 25th, 2016, 13:23   #36
BloodSport
Traveling Man

You know our AV system works wonders when I get PM's asking me if there is any support ASC can give over a scam deal on another forum/FB page to the person who was scammed for their $$/goods.

Our system works, as we hold our members who take a few minutes of time to read and get AV'd to a higher standard of responsibility and honour then most other pages where everything is handed to them on a golden platter.

Problem with the golden platter is most times is just highly polished brass plating hiding all the rust underneath.

Yea we might have some rust here at ASC, but it is improving and functioning that in the past 10 years I have only had to deal with about 3 legitimate trade complaints, 2 of which were resolved quickly and 1 that resulted in an AV removal. Compared to the early days and pre AV status when it was almost a daily occurrence.

I'd rather have that "rust" then be all fluffy and glitter covered and not be able to offer some level of support in a trade gone bad dealing (heck another forum mention on this thread I have received 3 Pm's regarding bad dealings on it asking if we could help as the admins there just wash their hands and say not their problem), in one of the cases I could as the person used their AV status here as a reference and confirmed via our PM system who they were for the dealing.
Old February 25th, 2016, 13:27   #37
_Whiskey_

Really? Not selling real steel on FB I can see and understand. But Airsoft and paintball??? WTF?
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 14:15   #38
Heavy
DeathStudent

SO maybe its time to relaunch........Airsoft Canada 2.0 face lift the community and the reputation of airsoft Canada which has taken a beating in the last years. will get haters commenting .. but I love this site and this is a perfect time to breath life back in with new members .
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 14:30   #39
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
^wtb vbulletin 4+
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 15:55   #40
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

ASC soaks up so much of my boredom daily that I could be car jacked by an admin and I probably wouldn't even press charges.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 17:36   #41
BloodSport
Traveling Man

1) this is not a new rule on Facebook, it has existed for 5+ years.
2) They are just enforcing it more finally due to the mass shootings in the USA and lawsuits
3) They will not ban links to retailers and other websites as this is the source of 90% of their revenue from ads.
4) it is okay to link to a website as long as it is not a direct link to a sales ad.
5) Many people in the airsoft community have known about these rules for years, some even talked about it years ago but said lets see what happens, well its finally happened, but the base allowances are still there and allowed.

Sound familiar? It another "Airsoft is Banned In Canada" panic attack.

Calm down. WE ASC are still here, the forums work great.
Scams due to the Age verification program are next to nonexistent.

Just tell your FB friends to sign up here all is good.
Old February 25th, 2016, 17:59   #42
SlowEddy

I miss the good old grey market air-soft days where a new plastic body JG 416 for $450 would sell like hot cakes and was considered a pretty good deal.

on second thought scratch that.....

Anywho welcome back anyone who tried to escape ASC.

Old February 25th, 2016, 18:05   #43
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowEddy View Post
I miss the good old grey market air-soft days where a new plastic body JG 416 for $450 would sell like hot cakes and was considered a pretty good deal.

on second thought scratch that.....

Anywho welcome back anyone who tried to escape ASC.

Don't forget the 500 dollar all plastic TM AK's! Ha ha, those were the days indeed.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 19:27   #44
Chillyrabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Whiskey_ View Post
Really? Not selling real steel on FB I can see and understand. But Airsoft and paintball??? WTF?
Selling my WE sig sauer p226 only shoots 9mm pellets.
Chillyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 19:40   #45
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
Don't forget the 500 dollar all plastic TM AK's! Ha ha, those were the days indeed.
And the $300-$500 Guarder steel/ wood kits to go with them.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General