Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:03   #346
ru7

A question from Europe

Is there any downside for using Nine Ball Mag seal? Im tempted to try it. I use WE 5.1 Gov/Type M (i have two 5.1s) with WE mags (not TM, but WE "should" be TM compatible).

Thanks in advance
ru7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:04   #347
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru7 View Post
A question from Europe

Is there any downside for using Nine Ball Mag seal? Im tempted to try it. I use WE 5.1 Gov/Type M (i have two 5.1s) with WE mags (not TM, but WE "should" be TM compatible).

Thanks in advance

YouTube- Nine Ball Gas Route Seal Packing Aero

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:05   #348
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I've used the stock WE ones on a TM mag without issue so I'd guess it should be fine.
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:10   #349
ru7

So there are no downsides? Ql, will get a pack. Thanks
ru7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 13:49   #350
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
How's 9ball bbu? Are they durable enough on the long run? Me not being a 9ball fan and all I am a bit skeptical.....
I haven't put too many rounds through the one I'm messing with right now (about 300 rounds), but I don't see any wear on it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Wasn't there a design with ball bearings at the end of the frame to create smooth cycling? LOL
That was a Sheriff innovation for WA GBBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Hey,

I have some gas efficiency problem with my hicapa.....I can only get approx 16-20 rounds on a full gas charge on my hicapa.... and even after that, there isnt enough gas to lock the slide back....

Here's my setup:

- SD Hybrid slide
- SD hybrid barrel
- SD Chamber
- Dyna piston head
- Stock springs
- Rest of internals are all stock

Could someone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

PS: everything is lubbed or grease (for the slide) on this gun, slide moves smoothly
PPS: might be a slide weight problem, but usually, people can at least get a full mag out of a single gas charge, with the stock BBU.....
Swap out the floating valve spring that came with the Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head. Reinstall the stock one. The 9Ball spring tends to be too strong for certain setups. I've found they work best with high flow valved setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hmm, in that case, ceramic grease would probably make it worst since the viscosity of the grease will create more resistance for the slide, and hence, slow down cycling speed. What if I use graphite powder as a dry lube?
You are right... in certain setups (especially for precision fit tight tolerance setups), grease will actually slow it down. In these instances, I like to use graphite powder as well. Use a grease as a bonding agent to hold it to the metal. All you need is an extremely light layer if you don't want to go so far as to do a dry lube method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru7 View Post
A question from Europe

Thanks in advance
I can't see any downsides. I use them as well and haven't noticed any downsides. I haven't done any chrony tests since the upgrade either, so I haven't noticed any major performance improvements yet. But they sure do look pretty with the matching purple of the Shooters Design feed lips... :P The marketing claim is improved FPS.

Last edited by ILLusion; May 10th, 2010 at 13:53..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:12   #351
turok_t

Hey Brian, you've mentioned that I can use a grease as a bonding agent for the graphite powder when lubing.

1. If you use a grease, what kind of grease do you use and how much do you apply? (Im guessing its extremely minimal since its purpose is to adhere the graphite to the rails/slide)

2. Can you just use pure graphite powder and no lube? Will that be better?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:16   #352
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Hey Brian, you've mentioned that I can use a grease as a bonding agent for the graphite powder when lubing.

1. If you use a grease, what kind of grease do you use and how much do you apply? (Im guessing its extremely minimal since its purpose is to adhere the graphite to the rails/slide)

2. Can you just use pure graphite powder and no lube? Will that be better?
1. I use white lithium grease. Very little should be required. Best is to create a mixture first on a surface, and then use a tool to apply it to all your surfaces, as it's extremely messy. If you use your finger, don't be surprised if people ask you why your finger is black for the next week.

2. I suppose you can use pure graphite powder... but like I mentioned, it's extremely messy. It WILL get everywhere. Wrap everything in your local vicinity of 20 feet with saran wrap, because once it gets on a surface, it will STAY there. Don't wear white clothes that you care about either.
Old May 10th, 2010, 19:40   #353
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Hey,

I have some gas efficiency problem with my hicapa.....I can only get approx 16-20 rounds on a full gas charge on my hicapa.... and even after that, there isnt enough gas to lock the slide back....

Here's my setup:

- SD Hybrid slide
- SD hybrid barrel
- SD Chamber
- Dyna piston head
- Stock springs
- Rest of internals are all stock

Could someone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

PS: everything is lubbed or grease (for the slide) on this gun, slide moves smoothly
PPS: might be a slide weight problem, but usually, people can at least get a full mag out of a single gas charge, with the stock BBU.....

BTW: is the PDI winter piston head good? (LINK)

WOOOOOTTTT turns out it was a SD grip fitment problem, which caused the mag to sit a little too low so the airseal wasnt good, and the gas was spewing out...

Thanks to Ujiro! :P

PS: how do i make the SD grip fit properly on my stock hicapa frame now to prevent this from happening.... (because the stock grip sucks IMO....) ... :???:
Old May 10th, 2010, 20:21   #354
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
[...]

2. I suppose you can use pure graphite powder... but like I mentioned, it's extremely messy. It WILL get everywhere. Wrap everything in your local vicinity of 20 feet with saran wrap, because once it gets on a surface, it will STAY there. Don't wear white clothes that you care about either.
Hahahahahahaha, true that - personal experience says so, at least.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 20:46   #355
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Hahahahahahaha, true that - personal experience says so, at least.
did u also use graphite powder as a dry lub?
Old May 10th, 2010, 21:35   #356
juicy

Quote:
did u also use graphite powder as a dry lub?
Yes, I use that personally. It got everywhere the first time I tried it out. And I mean EVERYWHERE... it was ridiculous how I found white sheets of paper that were slightly tinged grey for weeks thereafter.

I can't say how well it works, as I haven't actually tried anything else, to be honest.
Old May 10th, 2010, 21:48   #357
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Yes, I use that personally. It got everywhere the first time I tried it out. And I mean EVERYWHERE... it was ridiculous how I found white sheets of paper that were slightly tinged grey for weeks thereafter.

I can't say how well it works, as I haven't actually tried anything else, to be honest.
Did you just mist the graphite on to the slides and rail?

Did you use any type of lube to help the graphite adhere?

Did you find it effective (ie. slide sliding smoother on frame)?
Old May 10th, 2010, 22:39   #358
juicy

Quote:
Did you just mist the graphite on to the slides and rail?
Basically, yes. I also dusted the hammer/sear/disconnectors in what used to be my WE, but found that didn't seem to do too much. Misted and then rubbed in a bit with a Q-tip - ensuring that I had even application... probably took a bit of the excess graphite off there with the Q-tip though.

Quote:
Did you use any type of lube to help the graphite adhere?
No, i never thought about that, to be honest. Note that it doesn't like to stick on the slide rails on certain guns... haven't figured out how or why yet - I just reapply more if I feel it's necessary, lol.

Quote:
Did you find it effective (ie. slide sliding smoother on frame)?
Yes, a little bit - but then again, I don't like lube (lol) as both the application process time to observable benefits ratio that I've witnessed is pretty small. I honestly feel that getting my slide rails polished to a sheen is more effective than applying graphite powder, but it certainly helps the hammer/BBU interface to cycle more cleanly... but then again, I'm not experienced enough to be able to explain the results short of actually testing it out somewhat-scientifically, lol. Sorry, I couldn't explain that any better...
Old May 10th, 2010, 22:55   #359
turok_t

Thanks for your help Juicy, I appreciate it alot. I already sanded the paint off the rails of my receiver and my slide so that they are basically very smooth. I will get some aluminum polish to give it a mirror finish to further make it smoother. I'll probably pour out some graphite powder on a piece of paper and use a q-tip to dab it on the rails and slide to prevent it from going everwhere.. Hope this will work...

EDIT: Hey Brian, re: the post above by ru7, have u had any experience with the Nine Ball mag seals? are they effective in increasing FPS as they are claimed to be in the youtube video from UNCompany?

Last edited by turok_t; May 10th, 2010 at 23:52..
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:39   #360
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
PS: how do i make the SD grip fit properly on my stock hicapa frame now to prevent this from happening.... (because the stock grip sucks IMO....) ... :???:
Hmm... I've only seen this happen on one occasion, but at the time, I'd attributed it to a fitment issue of the frame. My solution was to take down varying areas of the top of the grip to essentially raise it closer to the receiver. You'll pretty much have to do it by eyes, going section by section. A file and a Dremel tool would be indispensable.

Quote:
EDIT: Hey Brian, re: the post above by ru7, have u had any experience with the Nine Ball mag seals? are they effective in increasing FPS as they are claimed to be in the youtube video from UNCompany?
See the bottom of my reply. Post #350.

Last edited by ILLusion; May 11th, 2010 at 08:41..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications