Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 18th, 2012, 15:27   #1636
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Looks like it doesn't come with one and you reuse your own.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:42   #1637
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
I want to upgrade my TM DW to full metal using one of these kits http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...imber&brandId=
Because my DW has a 4.3 barrel the only things I must buy is the internal barrel, right? hop up rubber and hop up chamber are the same of the 1911/Meu? and so i the blow back unit?
You have most of it right, except the blowback unit. The blowback unit found on the MEU is a bit different from all other Marui 1911/Hi-Capa series blowback units. You will need an MEU blowback unit before you can fit the rear sight from any of these Hurricane kits to the gun.

You will also need to acquire an MEU firing pin retention plate. The Desert Warrior doesn't come with this, and this part in general is rare to find. I've been trying to get my hands on spares for a while, with no luck.

You will also need a barrel bushing, a spring plug, and a recoil spring guide. The Desert Warrior uses a bull barrel system with a full length recoil rod, so all of this needs to be swapped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Yes your Desert Warrior 4.3 *IS* a 1911, so it would fit just fine. And like you said you'd need to buy the longer barrel. (and maybe recoil rod)
The Tokyo Marui Desert Warrior 4.3 is a 1911... and it isn't. It's a hybrid. The bottom part is a 1911... and the top part is a full out Hi-Capa 4.3.

Quote:
Thanks a lot, I am forgiving about the recoil rod. Another doubt, the bushing is the same of the DW?
The Desert Warrior does not come with a barrel bushing. It uses a straight barrel setup. You will need to acquire a barrel bushing, as well as a locking spring plug to interface with it.

Last edited by ILLusion; November 19th, 2012 at 12:47..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 14:09   #1638
kar120c

........better to sell my DW and buy a Meu + Hurricane kit
maybe a good upgrade should be a 4.3 Hi-Capa slide and keep my internal parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
You have most of it right, except the blowback unit. The blowback unit found on the MEU is a bit different from all other Marui 1911/Hi-Capa series blowback units. You will need an MEU blowback unit before you can fit the rear sight from any of these Hurricane kits to the gun.

You will also need to acquire an MEU firing pin retention plate. The Desert Warrior doesn't come with this, and this part in general is rare to find. I've been trying to get my hands on spares for a while, with no luck.

You will also need a barrel bushing, a spring plug, and a recoil spring guide. The Desert Warrior uses a bull barrel system with a full length recoil rod, so all of this needs to be swapped out.

The Tokyo Marui Desert Warrior 4.3 is a 1911... and it isn't. It's a hybrid. The bottom part is a 1911... and the top part is a full out Hi-Capa 4.3.

The Desert Warrior does not come with a barrel bushing. It uses a straight barrel setup. You will need to acquire a barrel bushing, as well as a locking spring plug to interface with it.
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 14:24   #1639
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
........better to sell my DW and buy a Meu + Hurricane kit
maybe a good upgrade should be a 4.3 Hi-Capa slide and keep my internal parts.
Considering the amount of parts you'd have to replace or source, that would probably be more prudent.

As an fyi, when doing a full gun conversion like these Hurricane kits, I personally prefer to use the Night Warrior as the starting base, as it's a bit cheaper than the MEU. Part of the reason for the MEU's high price, is because of the licensed Novak rear sights. If you're swapping them out anyways in a conversion like this, there's no point in paying for that.

The only thing with the Night Warrior, is that it has a silver barrel bushing, which is easy to replace with one of the piles of aftermarket replacements available on the market. OEM ones shouldn't be hard to find either (I have plenty).
Also, the rear sight may need a slight bit of modification to fit the standard blowback unit of the Night Warrior.
Old November 19th, 2012, 15:25   #1640
kar120c

So, the Night Warrior Blow back unit is like the standard 1911 and still different from Meu?

Quote:
Considering the amount of parts you'd have to replace or source, that would probably be more prudent.

As an fyi, when doing a full gun conversion like these Hurricane kits, I personally prefer to use the Night Warrior as the starting base, as it's a bit cheaper than the MEU. Part of the reason for the MEU's high price, is because of the licensed Novak rear sights. If you're swapping them out anyways in a conversion like this, there's no point in paying for that.

The only thing with the Night Warrior, is that it has a silver barrel bushing, which is easy to replace with one of the piles of aftermarket replacements available on the market. OEM ones shouldn't be hard to find either (I have plenty).
Also, the rear sight may need a slight bit of modification to fit the standard blowback unit of the Night Warrior.
Old November 19th, 2012, 17:27   #1641
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
So, the Night Warrior Blow back unit is like the standard 1911 and still different from Meu?
I have a few here, let me quickly open one up and take a look to confirm for you, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as a standard 1911, and different from the MEU.
Old November 21st, 2012, 20:48   #1642
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I have an interesting problem if anyone can chime in.

I have a KJW MEU and the problem I am getting is that in order to get the gun working, Ineed to insert the mag with the slide locked back.

If I insert my mag with the slide forward the gun does not fire. However simply locking the slide back and reinserting solves this issue.

I have a spare set of TM MEU parts (hammer, sear, knocker) and swapped them to try to find the culpret and no luck. Best I can think is something is wrong with the knocker or knocker spring.

Thank you,

Jordan
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 13:32   #1643
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
I have an interesting problem if anyone can chime in.

I have a KJW MEU and the problem I am getting is that in order to get the gun working, Ineed to insert the mag with the slide locked back.

If I insert my mag with the slide forward the gun does not fire. However simply locking the slide back and reinserting solves this issue.

I have a spare set of TM MEU parts (hammer, sear, knocker) and swapped them to try to find the culpret and no luck. Best I can think is something is wrong with the knocker or knocker spring.

Thank you,

Jordan
The few times I've seen this, it was an issue with the valve knocker being too long, not having a relief edge on it, or the actual seating in the frame is too far forward.

Grinding a relief angle at the bottom of the strike face usually resolves the issue. I would try this solution first.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 14:13   #1644
jordan7831

Thanks I will try that and bother you again if it doesnt work!

I have a spare 1911 knocker so I will use that as a doner.

Jordan
Old November 22nd, 2012, 19:22   #1645
Kunlun

What's your opinion on using lube/grease that is meant for real firearms?

http://www.doublealpha.biz/gun-maint...lubricants.htm

Mostly for on the frame - slide?

Or perhaps another maintenance tip?
Kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 23:45   #1646
jordan7831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post
What's your opinion on using lube/grease that is meant for real firearms?

http://www.doublealpha.biz/gun-maint...lubricants.htm

Mostly for on the frame - slide?

Or perhaps another maintenance tip?
Bad idea. Go and pick up some permatex superlube. Real gun lube isnt the best option for out plastic toys.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:55   #1647
Kunlun

Not even for the aluminium frames and slides? Should have mentioned that ofc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 17:31   #1648
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I wouldn't want to risk having any of it fling or sling on to the more sensitive plastic and rubber components.

I've always used Super Lube, and haven't had any problems. It's actually a fantastic lube.
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:56   #1649
kar120c

I have decidet tu upgrade only the slide with this: http://www.safarasoftair.com/index.p...oducts_id=3657 may you assure me that all the internal parts of my DW slide are suitables?
Quote:
I have a few here, let me quickly open one up and take a look to confirm for you, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as a standard 1911, and different from the MEU.
Old November 24th, 2012, 16:07   #1650
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I have decidet tu upgrade only the slide with this: http://www.safarasoftair.com/index.p...oducts_id=3657 may you assure me that all the internal parts of my DW slide are suitables?
I cannot assure you that.

Whenever doing a metal slide upgrade on a 4.3, it's always recommended to also upgrade the outer barrel to a metal one, a stronger recoil spring, and an enhanced loading nozzle.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications