Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 30th, 2011, 01:18   #1096
turok_t

I realized that the hop up dial on my 5.1 hop up is very loose. When I fire a shot or two, the dial moves by itself and the bb just rolls out because it isnt being held in place by the nub. Anyone experience this issue? How would u shim the hop up dial?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:32   #1097
T[]RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenmeister View Post
...airsoft surgeon 170% recoil spring is ridiculously heavy.
I think Action is most heavy (160%).
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:16   #1098
chenmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
Illusion has the airsoft surgeon springs for sale on his thread and he states that they're 170%.
To be honest, I have no idea how this 170% is supposed to operate smoothly without a full length guide rod, it barely stays in the slide assembly when using the short guide rod.
chenmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:54   #1099
chenmeister

Quote:
I installed an airsoft surgeon loading muzzle and the fit is tight with the nineball dyna piston, it doesn't slide smoothly and blowback feels sluggish. (the dyna piston works fine with the stock loading muzzle and the smaller o-ring with the piston seems to be too small) It shoots correctly but recoils inconsistently at times. Also, I can see white gas coming out of the barrel when shooting blanks, what causes this?
The hammer is also touching the loading muzzle when the slide slides back, they shouldn't be making contact correct? Should I try sanding down the bottom of the loading muzzle?
Hey guys so should I keep trying with this airsoft surgeon loading nozzle or go for the shooters design pom?

Thanks
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:38   #1100
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I realized that the hop up dial on my 5.1 hop up is very loose. When I fire a shot or two, the dial moves by itself and the bb just rolls out because it isnt being held in place by the nub. Anyone experience this issue? How would u shim the hop up dial?
Use an actual shim! That's what I did.
Use a pretty thin one underneath the dial, then change to what hopup setting you want, then tighten the screws on the hopup chamber. Fixed forever! (or until you change BB weights but it shouldn't be a big deal even in that case)

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 17:16   #1101
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I installed an airsoft surgeon loading muzzle and the fit is tight with the nineball dyna piston, it doesn't slide smoothly and blowback feels sluggish. (the dyna piston works fine with the stock loading muzzle and the smaller o-ring with the piston seems to be too small) It shoots correctly but recoils inconsistently at times. Also, I can see white gas coming out of the barrel when shooting blanks, what causes this?
The hammer is also touching the loading muzzle when the slide slides back, they shouldn't be making contact correct? Should I try sanding down the bottom of the loading muzzle?

And wow this airsoft surgeon 170% recoil spring is ridiculously heavy.
It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, but try using the stock floating valve spring instead of the Nine Ball one. It's a bit too strong for some setups, and can cause the problems you are describing.

As for the term "loading muzzle", can you show a picture of it? I think you're referring to the "loading nozzle"... I know a few companies refer to two different parts as a "loading muzzle", depending on the brand. I differentiate the two parts with the terms "Loading Nozzle", and "Blowback Unit."
It's generally not an issue for the hammer to be touching the blowback unit - I wouldn't try sanding down the bottom of the nozzle. It does not HAVE to retract all the way - it should not affect function in any way if it doesn't retract 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
o-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
I find Airsoft Surgeon to be the heaviest. I've seen 200% springs out there as well, but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Quote:
Illusion has the airsoft surgeon springs for sale on his thread and he states that they're 170%.
To be honest, I have no idea how this 170% is supposed to operate smoothly without a full length guide rod, it barely stays in the slide assembly when using the short guide rod.
It does function... I have it in some setups, but personally prefer the Guarder 150% springs the most.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 19:26   #1102
chenmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, but try using the stock floating valve spring instead of the Nine Ball one. It's a bit too strong for some setups, and can cause the problems you are describing.

As for the term "loading muzzle", can you show a picture of it? I think you're referring to the "loading nozzle"... I know a few companies refer to two different parts as a "loading muzzle", depending on the brand. I differentiate the two parts with the terms "Loading Nozzle", and "Blowback Unit."
It's generally not an issue for the hammer to be touching the blowback unit - I wouldn't try sanding down the bottom of the nozzle. It does not HAVE to retract all the way - it should not affect function in any way if it doesn't retract 100%.

It does function... I have it in some setups, but personally prefer the Guarder 150% springs the most.
Yes I've tried it with and without the dyna floating valve spring and it shoots roughly the same.
Oops I meant loading nozzle that's how AS labels it. I'm referring to one piece plastic loading nozzle/cylinder. So the hammer is rubbing on the bottom of the cylinder causing it to not slide smoothly like the stock one. The stock cylinder/piston shoots great but with the bb rolling out occasionally because of the force from the upped recoil spring (I plan on replacing the hopup packing for this fix).
The AS cylinder shoots a bit sluggish, doesn't slide smoothly, and causes the bb to roll out every time (I think it's cause the AS cylinder nozzle is a bit smaller in diameter)
Any recommendations? If it doesn't work out I'll try the SD POM.

With the AS 170% recoil spring, I meant that it functions fine but it's so stiff that without a full length guide rod to keep it straight, it's really hard to install and it tends to bend from the tension, rubbing on surrounding frame/parts.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 21:08   #1103
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

When using the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle with Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head, I like to use the smaller o-ring that comes with the 9Ball Dyna.

As for the BB being pushed out by the slide's increased return force, I've found that the Nine Ball hop up rubber to be a great solution for holding the BB in.
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:14   #1104
simohayha

i accidentally chip one of my TM grip screw, can it be replaced with real steel grip screw? or any other cheaper alternatives? thanks
simohayha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:05   #1105
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Tons of options to fix it. Just go to any overseas site and punch in "1911" - you're bound to find some grip screws, from really fancy stuff to simple hex screws.
Old May 4th, 2011, 14:53   #1106
HKGhost

Hey Brian, do you know if the controls on TM 1911, MEU and Hi-capa are cross compatible? I'm talking about the beaver tail, thumb safety, mag release and slide catch. They look similar but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 18:19   #1107
chenmeister

Quote:
When using the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle with Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head, I like to use the smaller o-ring that comes with the 9Ball Dyna.

As for the BB being pushed out by the slide's increased return force, I've found that the Nine Ball hop up rubber to be a great solution for holding the BB in.
Yeah I've tried that combination, airsoft surgeon loading nozzle with the smaller o-ring in the dyna piston. The loading nozzle slides smoother but the blowback still feels sluggish. Is there anywhere else I could look for the problem? What could I do to keep the blowback crisp like it is with the stock nozzle/piston?

Thanks

Last edited by chenmeister; May 4th, 2011 at 18:35..
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:00   #1108
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKGhost View Post
Hey Brian, do you know if the controls on TM 1911, MEU and Hi-capa are cross compatible? I'm talking about the beaver tail, thumb safety, mag release and slide catch. They look similar but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Umm.... it's compatible... and it's note. It depends on WHICH control you're specifically referring to, and for what platform, and in combination with other parts.

Confused yet? LOL.

For example, GI Model Colt M1911A1 Government Hammer can ONLY be matched with GI Model M1911A1 Government Beavertail.

The Military Model (GI Model) M1911A1 Government Beavertail can ONLY fit on to the GI Model Colt M1911A1 Receiver (without modification.)

ALL single stack magazine catches can ONLY fit single stack receivers. They will NOT work with Hi-Capa.

Single stack slide catch levers will work with Hi-Capa, but *some* Hi-Capa slide catch levers will NOT work with single stack.

*SOME* single stack levers will work with Hi-Capa, and some will not. Same with vice versa.

Does that clear up *ANY* confusion? LOL.

It may help if you point out specific models you're looking at. I could give you a clearer answer based on that.

Quote:
Yeah I've tried that combination, airsoft surgeon loading nozzle with the smaller o-ring in the dyna piston. The loading nozzle slides smoother but the blowback still feels sluggish. Is there anywhere else I could look for the problem? What could I do to keep the blowback crisp like it is with the stock nozzle/piston?

Thanks
What recoil spring are you using? What slide are you using?
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:12   #1109
chenmeister

Quote:
What recoil spring are you using? What slide are you using?
I'm using an Airsoft surgeon 170% recoil spring and Guarder aluminum silver electroplated trp slide
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:48   #1110
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I'm using an Airsoft surgeon 170% recoil spring and Guarder aluminum silver electroplated trp slide
Based on everything you're telling me, I see nothing inherently "wrong" with the hardware. The only thing I can suggest is to BUY MORE PARTS!!!!! - and swap parts in and out with known working setups to solve any potential problems you may be experiencing.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications