View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:45   #5
Katipunero

You can put a folding stock adapter on the WE M4.

There is a LAW tactical folding stock adapter clone that I ran for a while on my GHK M4, but couldn't fit on my WE M4 - only because the buffer extension that fits on the back of the bolt carrier has a smaller bore than a GHK bolt carrier. Otherwise, everything fits.

You would need to make the bore slightly larger (on an aftermarket bolt carrier since the stock WE M4 bolt carrier does not have this bore).

I have both the WE PDW and M4, and in terms of reliability, the PDW has been better than the M4.

The bolt catch on the PDW has never failed me; it's still original having gamed it for thousands upon thousands of rounds. The only internal parts I've replaced were the firing pin and auto sear.

You can slap the paddle on a PDW forever and it won't affect wear on the bolt catch anywhere near as it is on a WE M4. With the M4, you will quickly learn that power stroke is better than paddle slap if you want to retain bolt lock functionality.

Both are good. But if I was to rely on one of the two for a specific game, it would be my PDW.
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote