View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2012, 18:14   #14
lanepratt
AV revoked.

I don't want to get in to an argument here but what i said is true. If you go to the cbsa website and do a little research you will see what i said is true. Yes i agree most cbsa agents do not have a clue but I talked with a border agent and we both were on the cbsa website reading the same thing and she completely agreed with me and she learned something lol

Also the orange tip thing is true but it does vary state to state, as the US boarder agent (like on our side) had no clue. But we had all the necessary paper work.

My self as well as my team and force Recon as well as Pettawawa guys go to the states every year and we have all the required paper work and we have yet had our stuff sized. and this is going on 3+ years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
That last one is so completley and horribly wrong. Even the CBSA agents don't understand what they're saying for the most part. Hence why, despite the "law being on your side", I would NEVER bring my guns across the border. Sure, if they get wrongly confiscated, you can get them back. But not without a lengthy appear process marred in red tape.

And on a side note, US law requires a permanent blaze orange tip. And by permanent, it means non-removable, as in permanently glued on orange flash hider. If you have a black tip, there's a chance that US Customs could seize your gun. Even if you have a REMOVABLE orange flash hider, there's a chance of seizure there too.

So for me, there are far too many variables in that process that could end up in my guns getting seized. I'm not a gambling man, and this is far from a sure thing. Bring them across at your own risk.
lanepratt is offline   Reply With Quote