View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2012, 21:00   #15
EagleDriver

While at the Shot Show, I was able to try on the Body Specs BSG goggles. They are a shooting glasses and full seal goggle combo and are available with a prescription insert. I picked up a pair of black and a pair of tan to try. Lenses are interchangeable and come in a variety of tints, including laser protection (but those are pretty expensive.)

I have only tried them on and so far they feel comfortable but if I use the gasket with the sunglasses kit the foam seal gasket doesn't seem to seal all of the way. When used with the goggle strap they seal fine. They retail for $60 USD but I have seen them as cheap as $38 USD (dealer cost is about $32 USD) The kit comes with clear, amber, and tinted lenses. Polarized and other lenses cost more. The prescription carrier retails for $18 USD and if you get it with lenses the carrier is supposed to be around $90 USD. They are Mil Std rated and had lenses on display that had been tested on.

Another I tried in low-profile was Smith Optics Boogey Regulator. They are like the Revision low profile but have holes in the top of the lens for ventilation. The rep said that they are tested to Mil Std with the holes. He could not answer if or when they would have a prescription insert for those.
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote