Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Showcase (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   The beast is back! 56k murder death kill! (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=13709)

MadMax June 29th, 2005 11:53

The beast is back! 56k murder death kill!
 
8 Attachment(s)
I don't often get to work on my arsenal anymore as I'm usually pretty busy working on various products. At the end of a long day of working out products, I don't really feel like diving back into product design for personal airsoft armaments.

Just over a year ago, I fielded a shell ejecting Maruzen 870 which I significantly upgraded with internal CO2 and a lot of valve re-porting. A lot of the stock gas passages are pretty chokey small so I went about enlarging them.

I eventually managed to get the gun to fire 10x 0.25g bbs per blast at 270fps. Finally I was satisfied that I had a battle worthy shotgun. Alas, the flame that blasts the loudest also develops creaking wheezing leaks and fatigued parts. The pot metal valve body wasn't designed for 260psi so it cracked. The mozzerella metal shell carrier also cracked (nearly every 870 eventually dies of this).

Just before this shotty died, it had the following:

-Internal C02 feed from custom welded and hydrotested tanks (about 180 pumps of gas per cylinder)
-Extended magazine tube (6+1 capacity)
-Supah ghetto cardboard shell catcher duct taped to the ejection port
-Velcro affixed 5 shell carrier on the stock

I finally took a day off professional product design to ressurect this bag of parts and add a few new goodies. I've added:

-Aluminum scope rail
-Clip on KM shotshell catcher (customized shotshell catcher which clips to the scope rail with dome snaps)
-Guarder open RDS
-Guarder 10x shell holding stock pouch

I hope it lasts longer this time...

Shugart June 29th, 2005 12:46

That looks beautiful.

All It needs is a paintjob on the barrel extension, and your set.

Future_Sniper_ June 29th, 2005 12:53

I think it looks beautiful the way it is. Great Job man!

Suspect187 June 29th, 2005 18:30

that is one sweet piece. Nice work

BC_K June 29th, 2005 18:36

That is one mean lookin shitstick!!! I love it. Excellent work.

MadMax June 29th, 2005 18:51

I wish I could play in a warehouse and just let the shells fall on the floor. That shotshell bag fills up pretty quick. At about 12 shells it's full enough to cause jams occasionally.

I can't wait to field it again. I've had quite a few shotties pass through my collection. I get annoyed at only throwing 3 bbs.

I've also started a CO2 conversion on a M1100 semi auto version. Going to remove the shell loading mechanisms and load from a motorized G3 mag. I've done the pneumatics and they work. It's a tough thing to load a charge of 10x bbs with pneumatics that don't allow firing with a short load. Shooting with say 3 bbs is pretty harsh. They come out far too fast. With shells it's easy to make sure you don't shoot a short load, but a mag loaded system is asking for trouble if you don't include safeguards.

The pneumatics for the M100 steal the reed valve principle from WA GBBs. I use the reed to detect a full bb load pushed against the hop up bump (more like a rubber detent I think). A short load doesn't completely fill up the chamber space so the gun cycles straight to recoil instead of pressurizing the breech.

Definitely a nice project for my overcrowded back burner.

Maelstrom June 29th, 2005 20:39

it's stuff like this that makes me want a M870 or M1100 again! damn you for making me want one again.

I do agree on the 3bb's from a shotgun is not enough! How did you fix the failed components? did you just make new ones out of a stronger metal?

Deftonius June 29th, 2005 21:01

nice work, very impressive!

Murder Death Kill? How the hell does that damn 3 sea shell thing work?

MadMax June 30th, 2005 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
it's stuff like this that makes me want a M870 or M1100 again! damn you for making me want one again.

I do agree on the 3bb's from a shotgun is not enough! How did you fix the failed components? did you just make new ones out of a stronger metal?

The broken shell carrier was fixed by riveting a piece of sheet steel shaped similarly to the part that broke off. I had to modify the trigger bits to accept the different horizontal spacing of the part, but it works as well as the original one now.

The busted valve body was fixed with a machined back plate. The original one had only 3 cross screws placed close to the rear edge of the valve body. The holes cracked backwards. The new back plate puts the set screws further forward to give more metal to hang onto. I put the oring ahead of the setscrew holes so seal. I also cast urethane right into the part to do away with the separate rubber part in the stock part. I found that the thing kept getting unseated when shooting at high pressure. I run my shotty at 260psi so it was a serious problem. A stiffer hammer spring is required to bash open the valve.

A custom valve stem increases the port area significantly. I guess I have a port area about triple of the stock one with this one.

keg057 June 30th, 2005 01:36

Awsome job, very nice to see.

Airoz August 31st, 2018 01:19

That is excellent! Great work!

hollywood... August 31st, 2018 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airoz (Post 2034967)
That is excellent! Great work!

13 year old Necro Post...

BioRage August 31st, 2018 09:14

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...039/pressf.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.