Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Doctor's Corner (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   glued flash hider (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=155790)

Pinard June 22nd, 2013 08:58

glued flash hider

Got myself a A&K m249 with the fugly motherfucking bright as fuck orange tip.

It's cool... I got this shit in hands, I have a metal flash hider laying around.

fuck ... this shit is glued to the barrel

any old tip to remove this without smashing the whole thing around?

I tried brute force... no luck. Also dipping it in hot water for 30 minutes didn't smoothen the glue.

IT SUCKS. I want that removed so any help here ?

Deadpool June 22nd, 2013 09:05

Heat is very good at softening glue, but not just hot water. I use a mini torch.

I also used a dremel to cut a little more then halfway through a plastic flash hidder (taking care not to go all the way and damage the threads) and then pry it open with a flathead screw driver.

Aper June 22nd, 2013 09:53

Drake has the same problem with his gun. I dunno why, but our WE AKs were glued everywhere; Drake has it's flash hider glued, both out pistons were glued as fuck as well.

Since I bought a steel piston for my AK, I didn't really gave a shit about the OEM one so took a good ol' Vise-Grip clamps and managed to break the glue and screw it out.

Pinard June 22nd, 2013 12:25

I just can't break the glue ! took a vice grip and forced my eyes out of my head but it won't move. I think I'll burn the thing down with a torch lighter

fuck I hate this thing haha

Drake June 22nd, 2013 12:36

If its from Evike (like my AK) it's perma LocTited or epoxied on and I'm not sure you'll have much luck getting it off without damaging the threads on the outer barrel.

Also keep in mind if you have a Para that the flash hider is molded with the short section of barrel in front of the front sight post (if its a full length barrel its a 2 piece outer barrel with a regular flash hider).

Aper June 22nd, 2013 12:38

By the look of my OEM piston and piston head from my AK, it looks like red loctite. And I don't understand why the hell they need to epoxy parts together if that's what they really did.

Pinard June 22nd, 2013 12:38

It is a Para, but I don'T understand what you mean by molded ? when I look at it it looks like it ShouLD come off. I got it from revolution airsoft so I don't know where he sources them.

Drake June 22nd, 2013 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aper (Post 1809057)
By the look of my OEM piston and piston head from my AK, it looks like red loctite. And I don't understand why the hell they need to epoxy parts together if that's what they really did.

Yours was red loctited (and you got it off). Mine appear epoxied or something.

Deadpool June 22nd, 2013 12:49

Red loctite can be broken.

Hit the tip of the flash hidder with a hammer to break the bond. It may also work for epoxy, depending if it's a very hard epoxy or not.

Pinard June 22nd, 2013 13:12

GOT THE FUCKER off. ! lighter torch + some arm juice and it's off

thanks guys

White_knight June 22nd, 2013 13:18

i had the same problem with my acr, it was on there good. what i did was slide a screwdriver through the slits in the flash hider an braced the barrel by the base of the flash hider, then heated the sweet jeebus out of it. then just give the screwdriver a few taps on the loosie end and vola. then i just lit the threads to get rid of the extra glue.

Edit: you got it off while i was typing this