Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Doctor's Corner (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Question: Hi-Capa Adjustable Sight Dimensions (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=160057)

ardo November 11th, 2013 21:10

Question: Hi-Capa Adjustable Sight Dimensions
 
1 Attachment(s)
I am looking for a replacement adjustable rear sight on my Cybergun Tanfoglio Limited Custom. Since there are no spare parts available for it, I wonder if a sight from another pistol may fit, and the one on Hi-Capa looks close to what I need.

I can only replace the insert part, the Tanfoglio's sight is integral with the slide, so to replace the whole thing I'd have to mill the slide.

Could someone please measure the A, B, and C dimensions & let me know what they are? On my pistol, these would be: A=10.2mm, B=24.1mm, C=36.2mm.

Also, if anyone could suggest where to find such a sight for under $30? I know there are steel sights available for about $70, but if I'm forced to go there I may as well get the RS Tanfoglio sight for $86. Since the gun costs $140 new, this would be an overkill.

TIA.

jordan7831 November 11th, 2013 21:22

Try gun art airsoft. You can simply pick up a KJW replacement front and rear for about 30ish shipped.

http://gunartairsoft.com/products/K....252dcapa-.html

Here are my dimensions, I have a shooters design rear sight blade so C might be a little off. Id wait for someone else to confirm the numbers.
A:10.14mm
B:24mm
C:35.50mm

Kos-Mos November 11th, 2013 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardo (Post 1847795)
I am looking for a replacement adjustable rear sight on my Cybergun Tanfoglio Limited Custom. Since there are no spare parts available for it, I wonder if a sight from another pistol may fit, and the one on Hi-Capa looks close to what I need.

I can only replace the insert part, the Tanfoglio's sight is integral with the slide, so to replace the whole thing I'd have to mill the slide.

Could someone please measure the A, B, and C dimensions & let me know what they are? On my pistol, these would be: A=10.2mm, B=24.1mm, C=36.2mm.

Also, if anyone could suggest where to find such a sight for under $30? I know there are steel sights available for about $70, but if I'm forced to go there I may as well get the RS Tanfoglio sight for $86. Since the gun costs $140 new, this would be an overkill.

TIA.

What do you mean by the insert?

You do know that the rear sight on Hicapas is locked in place by the BBU?
You have to remove the internals of the slide to be able to remove the whole rear sight assembly.

ardo November 11th, 2013 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan7831 (Post 1847797)
Try gun art airsoft. You can simply pick up a KJW replacement front and rear for about 30ish shipped.

http://gunartairsoft.com/products/K....252dcapa-.html

Here are my dimensions, I have a shooters design rear sight blade so C might be a little off. Id wait for someone else to confirm the numbers.
A:10.14mm
B:24mm
C:35.50mm

Sounds like almost a perfect match. Huge thanks for the link! Just ordered: came under $30CAD. I hope this one will last longer than the original 'pot metal' cr*p. Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kos-Mos (Post 1847804)
What do you mean by the insert?

You do know that the rear sight on Hicapas is locked in place by the BBU?
You have to remove the internals of the slide to be able to remove the whole rear sight assembly.

I mean the inner, adjustable part of the sight, the one held by the pin in front and by elevation screw at the back. On my sight all I have to do is drift the pin.

Kos-Mos November 11th, 2013 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardo (Post 1847807)
Sounds like almost a perfect match. Huge thanks for the link! Just ordered: came under $30CAD. I hope this one will last longer than the original 'pot metal' cr*p. Thanks again!


I mean the inner, adjustable part of the sight, the one held by the pin in front and by elevation screw at the back. On my sight all I have to do is drift the pin.

Yes, that is PART of the rear sight.
You can remove all of it (and be left with a dovetail in your slide) by removing the spring guide and barrel assemblies.
Then remove the socket screw at the rear of the slide, in the hammer cutout.
This should let you slide the whole blow back unit down and out of the slide, with the nozzle. Careful, there is a small spring between the BBU and the slide that you must not lose.

Then the rear sight just slides off to any side.

ardo November 12th, 2013 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kos-Mos (Post 1847823)
Yes, that is PART of the rear sight.
You can remove all of it (and be left with a dovetail in your slide) by removing the spring guide and barrel assemblies.
Then remove the socket screw at the rear of the slide, in the hammer cutout.
This should let you slide the whole blow back unit down and out of the slide, with the nozzle. Careful, there is a small spring between the BBU and the slide that you must not lose.

Then the rear sight just slides off to any side.

Thanks, but I don't have a Hi-Capa, so the sight removal is a non-issue for me. I'm simply trying to replace a part of Tanfoglio adjustable rear with the same from a Hi-Capa pistol, and wanted to know if that part would fit.

Kos-Mos November 12th, 2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardo (Post 1847864)
Thanks, but I don't have a Hi-Capa, so the sight removal is a non-issue for me. I'm simply trying to replace a part of Tanfoglio adjustable rear with the same from a Hi-Capa pistol, and wanted to know if that part would fit.

You don't have a hicapa.

BUT

Your pistol uses hicapa-type internal parts, and overall design.
Basically the looks of the slide and frame is different, but inside it's the same.

Kinda like a Crown Vic and a Mustang. Different looks, same engine and frame.

So, to replace the sight of your Tango Folio Custom with anything, that is the way to remove it. Then any sight made for "hicapa 5.1" will fit.
Keep in mind that tolerances might not be the same depending on manufacturer and you might have to fit some parts.

ardo November 27th, 2013 22:52

The sight came in the mail today. The top part fits my slide perfectly. Quality also seems better than Tanfoglio's, feels like a real metal part. After 5min of sighting in, I'm back in business.

Guys, thanks for your help!

ILLusion November 29th, 2013 05:37

For future reference, I had the part you needed for $10

ardo November 29th, 2013 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLusion (Post 1851023)
For future reference, I had the part you needed for $10

Thanks, good to know - now that I know it fits. Are you referring to this:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shooters-...-1-type-a.html

or the complete sight:

http://gunartairsoft.com/products/K....252dcapa-.html

I needed the complete sight - mine broke off right past the elevation screw.

I now need to get rid of the fiber optic dots. I have a plain rear sight on my RS pistol. Perhaps now I can just get the 'Type A' part?

In the meantime, I will put some black paint on the fiber & see if this works.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.